First Grade Activities
1. IXL- practice any first grade skills.
2. Journal Writing- answer the following question on a piece of paper.
What did you do on your snow day? Draw a detailed picture.
3.Read a Story:
Day 1: Create a Story Map (Setting, Characters, Plot)
Day 2: What was your favorite part? Why?
Day 3: Read your story to a pet, family member or stuffed animal.
4. Math- Print addition/subtraction to 20 and practice.
5. Write a poem about snow or winter.
6. Make a creation using Legos, paper, clay or other objects. Write 3 sentences about your creation using great adjectives.
8. Write a letter to your pen pal, friend or teacher. Tell them about your snow day. Don’t forget the date, greeting, body, closing and signature.